VILLAGE OF NORTH BEND
21 TAYLOR AVENUE, NORTH BEND, OHIO 45052
February 24, 2020
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Mayor Sammons.
Mayor: Mr. Sammons
Law Director: Mr. Sollmann
Fiscal Officer: Ms. Fryman (excused)
Councilpersons: Mr. Moorman, Mr. Deters (by phone), Mr. Bonner,
Mrs. Romweber (excused), Mr. Hartoin, Ms. Smith
MAYOR’S OPENING STATEMENT
Mayor Sammons spoke about President William Henry Harrison’s Birthday Tribute and thanked everyone who attended this very important event.
Joe Bonner moved that the January 27, 2020 minutes be accepted. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Dave Moorman stated the 2019 Financial Report has been closed out. The Hamilton County Auditor approved the report.
The Treasurer’s Report is available at the Village office.
PAY THE BILLS
Ron Hartoin made a motion to pay the bills. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT
The Maintenance Supervisor’s Report is available at the Village office.
DEPUTY CLERK’S REPORT
The Deputy Clerk’s Report is available at the Village office.
Minutes, February 24, 2020
Lt. Boeing reported there were 36 calls for service for January. Five cases were assigned to detectives; one was closed. There were twelve traffic stops and eight traffic citations.
At the January council meeting, Lt. Boeing was asked to report the difference in details dispatched from 2018 to 2019. In 2018, there were 478 details dispatched and in 2019, there were a total of 395 dispatched for a difference of -83.
Chief Ober reported there were 15 EMS runs and 5 fire details for the month of January. None were drug related. There were three auto accidents (one being serious). Mayor Sammons asked about the new firehouse being built adjacent to the present location on East Miami. Chief Ober stated they will break ground in the fall of 2020 and should be completed in the fall of 2021. It will be a sub-station modeled after the Madeira firehouse.
THREE RIVERS SCHOOL
Finance - Mr. Moorman
Dave Moorman reminded everyone that there are issues on the March 17th ballot. There is an issue asking for our sales tax to be increased by 0.8% from 7% to 7.8% which would pay for bus service and the repair of roads and bridges.
Dave Moorman also talked about the Harrison Avenue Improvements project. He asked why the estimate from JMA was so low compared to the actual bid from contractors to complete the project. Ron Hartoin suggested asking JMA what portion of the bid is controversial. Mayor Sammons stated he thought the second section of Harrison Avenue could be taken off the bid, which would reduce the amount by $20,000. JMA’s estimate was $189,000; actual bid was $227,000. Dave proposes we do not move forward until we figure out from where the additional $40,000 is coming. Mayor Sammons said there’s a construction meeting this Friday, February 28th.
Light, Water and Sewer - Ms. Smith
Maintenance - Mr. Hartoin
Police & Fire – Mr. Deters
Bill Deters reported he sent two emails to Jack Rininger with Miami Township regarding the structure of the Police contract North Bend has with Miami Township and Hamilton County Sheriff’s Department. Bill will contact him again soon.
Minutes, February 24, 2020
Planning & Zoning - Mrs. Romweber
Marilyn reported that Fran will meet with Jennifer Vatter this week to complete the CRA report.
Law & Ordinance - Mr. Bonner
Beautification – Fran Romweber
COUNCIL’S OLD BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR’S OLD BUSINESS
MAYOR’S OLD BUSINESS
COUNCIL’S NEW BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR NEW BUSINESS
MAYOR’S NEW BUSINESS/ REPORT
OPEN TO THE FLOOR
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS, COMMENTS
Our next council meeting is Monday, March 30, 2020 at 7:00pm.
MAYOR’S FINAL COMMENTS
Mayor Sammons thanked everyone who participated in the President William Henry Harrison Birthday Tribute event.
He urged all residents to vote March 17th.
Ron Hartoin made a motion to adjourn the meeting. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%. Meeting was adjourned at 7:48p.m.
Fiscal Officer Mayor
Minutes, February 24, 2020
February 24, 2020
To Council Members for Your Information and Review
We have closed out 2019 financially with the issuance of the 2019 Annual Financial Report. A copy of this has been distributed to each councilperson. Please direct any questions you may have concerning the report to me at the office. Copies of the report are also available to the public by visiting the Village office.
Hamilton Co. Auditor approved our budget as submitted.
I requested and received advance payment of the real estate taxes per Resolution #2020-6.
We issued one purchase order this month – Duke Energy, $1,324.20, for the Christmas lights electric usage.
Distributed to council members this month are the following reports:
· Monthly Cash Flow Analysis:
Showing money in/money out and the check book balance
· Payment and charge Register Report:
Includes all checks & automatic payments taken directly from our checkbook since last Council Meeting
· Receipts Register Report:
Includes all sources of revenue taken in by the Village since last Council Meeting
· Revenue Status Report:
Shows the year-to-date status of each revenue account as of date of this Council Meeting
· Fund Status Report: Shows amount left in each fund as of date of this Council
Meeting and the current checking account balance
· Year to Date Beautification Accounting Report
· Mayor’s Discretionary Fund Report – no report
· Credit Card Usage Report
Copies of all the above reports are available for public viewing at the Village Office.
Marta Fryman, Fiscal Officer
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT February 24, 2020 Rick Schultz
- Continued to cut back brush and trees …… (honeysuckle and dead ash trees)
- All planters are reworked and ready for planting. The date for planting will be the Saturday after Mother’s Day, May 16th at 9:00am.
- There were two snow events, February 7 and 8. We used 10.93 tons of salt.
- Asphalt patch at Taylor and Brower Roads. We will be crack sealing in the village this spring with the main areas being St. Andrews/Eaglescliff and St. Annes /Turnberry.
- Opened up 20’ of guardrail at 105 Cliff Road to make way for a driveway to a garage. This is on the north side of Cliff Road. We then used the sections to repair guardrail damaged by an accident located on the south side of Brower Road, just west of the overpass. No report on the accident.
- In discussion with the new manager at Consolidated about purchasing trees to match the ones in front of shopping center. We would plant them along US 50 in the grass area running west to east. I will research and get him the cost of the trees. I’m 95% sure this will happen.
- Trash pickup along roadsides.
DEPUTY CLERK’S REPORT February 24, 2020 Marilyn Kramer
- I submitted the Residential Recycling Incentive program results for 2019 to Hamilton County on February 10th. We should have the recycling information by April.
- We were awarded the $7,500 grant from Hamilton County Recycling and Solid Waste to purchase a blower and vacuum to start our leaf recycling program this fall. The monies we receive from our recycling efforts will be used towards advertising for this new program along with the purchase of gas to operate this equipment.
- North Bend has been awarded the $1,000 grant from PEP and should receive the check by the end of March. We submitted the application for safety lights for our maintenance trucks.
- The President William Henry Harrison Birthday Tribute was very well attended. The Village of North Bend and the Harrison-Symmes Memorial Foundation were given Proclamations from the Ohio Auditor of State in recognition and appreciation for taking great care to preserve and celebrate the history of our village. A copy is attached.
- We will have our We Thrive Wellness Committee meeting on Friday, March 13th at 9:30am. We will discuss our Action Plan for 2020.
- The Primary Election date is Tuesday, March 17th. Polls open 6:30am – 7:30pm.
- Last week, a large truck took out a STOP sign and damaged a Duke Energy pole when turning right from Miami Avenue on to US 50. I received the police report and their insurance information. Rick will give it to ODOT for reimbursement.
- I copied a letter Fran sent to Dollar General regarding the litter issue around their store on St. Anne’s. She is also meeting with Jennifer Vatter with JMA regarding the CRA report tomorrow.
- Ron Nunnery attended our January meeting and advised us about trash setting out along the side of the road for several days at 4 Miami. The trash belonged to the CMHA property at 3 Taylor and after contacting the manager, she did discover that they inadvertently missed payments to Rumpke. She took care of that issue and the trash was picked up.
- Mr. Frey attended our January meeting and had concerns regarding new cracks on St. Andrews and Eaglescliff roads. I advised him Rick will be crack sealing that area in the spring and should take care of those issues.
There is nothing in our tickler file for the next three months.
| January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | April 2012 | May 2012 | June 2012 | July 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | November 2012 | December 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | March 2013 | April 2013 | May 2013 | June 2013 | July 2013 | August 2013 | September 2013 | October 2013 | November 2013 | December 2013 | January 2014 | February 2014 | March 2014 | April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | September 2014 | October 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 | September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | 2017 State of the Village | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2018 | January 2019 | February 2019 | March 2019 | April 2019 | May 2019 | June 2019 | July 2019 | August 2019 | September 2019 | October 2019 | November 2019 | December 2019 | January 2020 | February 2020 | March 2020 | April 2020 | May 2020 | June 2020 | July 2020 | August 2020 | September 2020 | October 2020 | November 2020 | December 2020 |
| Voting | Village Demographics | HIP Program | Building and Zoning | Minutes | Future Use | Trash Collection, Recycling | Police services | Fire and Emergency Services | Picture Gallery Page 1 | Village Officials | Important Phone Numbers | Airport Noise Complaints | State Officials | Harrison Birthday '08 | Storm Pictures | Harrison Birthday '09 | Village Ordinances | | Gas & Electric Aggregation Village of North Bend |
| Return Home | Village Of North Bend | Hamilton County Government | Great Links | Contact Us |