VILLAGE OF NORTH BEND
21 TAYLOR AVENUE, NORTH BEND, OHIO 45052
September 25, 2017
Meeting was called to order at 7:00 P.M. by Mayor Sammons.
Mayor: Mr. Sammons
Law Director: Mr. Sollmann
Fiscal Officer: Ms. Fryman
Councilpersons: Mr. Hartoin, Mrs. Romweber, Mr. Nunnery,
Mr. Moorman, Ms. Smith, Mr. Boll
MAYOR’S OPENING STATEMENT
Mayor Sammons did not give an opening statement.
Ron Nunnery moved that the August 21, 2017 minutes be accepted. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
The Treasurer’s Report is available at the Village office.
Dave Moorman made motion to adopt Resolution 2017-15 Accepting the Amounts and Rates as Determined by the Budget Commission & Authorizing the Necessary Tax Levies and Certifying Them to the County Auditor. Tim Boll seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Marty stated Mayor Sammons had asked her to check into the possibility of investing village money. Marty stated that Star Ohio is giving 1.21% APY, there are no restrictions on monies invested and one benefit is overnight liquidity. Ron Hartoin made motion to deposit $300,000 in the Star Ohio program. Dave Moorman seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Marty will be attending fiscal officer training in Dayton on October 17th.
She has asked members of council to submit their committee’s budget to Dave Moorman, Mayor Sammons or herself to be included in the 2018 Budget.
PAY THE BILLS
Ron Nunnery made motion to pay the bills. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Minutes, September 25, 2017
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT
The Maintenance Supervisor’s Report is available at the Village office.
Rick reported that the exit doors in the garage and the maintenance area are in need of replacement with the approximate cost of $2,000. Dave Moorman made motion to approve giving Rick permission to purchase the doors needed in the maintenance area for an amount not to exceed $2,100.00. Ron Hartoin seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
DEPUTY CLERK’S REPORT
The Deputy Clerk’s Report is available at the Village office.
Sgt. Raker reported there were 36 calls for the month of August. Two cases were assigned to detectives for investigation and one case was closed. There were two criminal reports, both of which were thefts.
Mr. Ryan McDonald is running for Three Rivers School Board. He shared his background and viewpoints with council.
Chief Ober reported there was one fire detail and six EMS runs for the month of August.
Beginning October 1, fire hydrant checks will be conducted in preparation for winter.
THREE RIVERS’ SCHOOL
Mayor Sammons stated that Craig Hockenberry, Superintendent of Three Rivers School District, contacted him with an incident that had happened at the school. A student ran into the woods after posting disturbing information online.
Finance - Mr. Moorman
Dave reported that he contacted Mr. Jack Rininger of Miami Township to advise them that North Bend will pursue separating from them for waste collection. Dave met with Best Way Disposal and will be meeting with Rumpke September 26th. Details will follow.
Dave reiterated that the 2018 Budget will be coming up and to submit committee’s budget to him, Mayor Sammons or Marty.
Dave Moorman asked that any grant application that the Village of North Bend may be applying for, be discussed and approved by council prior to the application due date. He would like to know the purpose and obligations that would be a part of the grant. There was a discussion and it was agreed that all grants would be emailed to council for review and approval prior to submission.
Light, Water and Sewer - Ms. Smith
Minutes, September 25, 2017
Maintenance - Mr. Hartoin
Police & Fire – Mr. Boll
Planning & Zoning - Mrs. Romweber
Law & Ordinance - Mr. Nunnery
Ron reported there was one residence that was mailed a certified letter on September 13 and given fourteen days to cut grass/weeds in excess of 8”. No signature card has been returned to date. Ron stated the yard is fenced and asked Scott Sollmann’s opinion as to what action North Bend can render. Scott stated we should contact the owner to advise him of such action before North Bend cuts the grass and adds the cost as a lien on the property.
Beautification – Fran Romweber
Fran stated she will report the Beautification committee’s 2018 Budget as soon as possible.
COUNCIL’S OLD BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR’S OLD BUSINESS
MAYOR’S OLD BUSINESS
COUNCIL’S NEW BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR’S NEW BUSINESS
Scott talked about medical marijuana dispensaries and that there will be three dispensaries allowed in Hamilton County. Mayor Sammons asked Scott to draw up a resolution imposing a one year moratorium on permits for medical marijuana. Scott stated several municipalities are passing this resolution to give council time to discuss the pros and cons of this new issue that passed September 8, 2016. This resolution will not prohibit council from passing a resolution in favor of or against another more permanent resolution.
Dave Moorman made motion to adopt Resolution 2017-14 Imposing a Moratorium of One Year on the Issuance and Processing of Any Permits Allowing Retail Dispensaries, Cultivators, or Processors of Medical Marijuana Within the Village of North Bend. Tim Boll seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Minutes, September 25, 2017
MAYOR’S NEW BUSINESS/ REPORT
Mayor Sammons discussed SCIP and MRF grants. He stated usually JMA advises North Bend which roads are eligible for these grants, i.e., E. Harrison Project, Washington Avenue Project and Woodruff Avenue have been recipients.
OPEN TO THE FLOOR
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS, COMMENTS
Our next Council meeting is Monday, October 23, 2017 at 7:00p.m. (At a later date, Mayor Sammons requested that the October council meeting be changed to October 30th at 6:00pm)
Halloween will be observed on Tuesday, October 31st from 6:00 – 8:00pm in North Bend.
MAYOR’S FINAL COMMENTS
Ron Nunnery made motion to adjourn the meeting. Fran Romweber seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%. Meeting was adjourned at 8:27p.m.
Fiscal Officer Mayor
September 25, 2017
To Council Members for Your Information and Review
We received the balance of our 2nd half real estate tax revenue of $25,000 ($19,000 for GF and $6,000 for Fire/EMS Levy). I will forward the EMS funds to Miami Township when we receive the total revenue for the year.
Mayor Sammons requested I look into interest bearing accounts for the Village funds. I am recommending investing in StarOhio. An information packet is on the desk for your information. This investment account is run by the Treasurer of the State of Ohio. It permits the state’s political subdivisions to pool public funds into a large investment fund managed by the State Treasurer and staff. It is designed for political subdivisions seeking to preserve capital, maintain liquidity and provide current income. It is rated AAAm by S&P and is currently offering 1.21% APY. Most importantly to me though is there are no restrictions on access to our funds - barring normal business hours, no penalties for withdraw at any time, interest is posted daily to the account and reinvested monthly. At this time, I recommend investing $200-300,000 but ask for Council’s opinion.
I will be attending Village Fiscal Officer training in Dayton on Tuesday, 10/17.
Please get with Mayor Sammons, Dave Moorman or myself with budget requests for 2018. Approval of the following years’ budget is in November per past practice.
The annual resolution accepting the Budget Commission’s amounts and rates for 2018 budget needs approval.
We issued 1 purchase orders this month to the Auditor of State, Village Fiscal Officer training, $100.00.
Distributed to council members this month are the following reports:
· Monthly Cash Flow Analysis:
Showing money in/money out and the check book balance
· Payment and charge Register Report:
Includes all checks & automatic payments taken directly from our checkbook since last Council Meeting
· Receipts Register Report:
Includes all sources of revenue taken in by the Village since last Council Meeting
· Revenue Status Report:
Shows the year-to-date status of each revenue account as of date of this Council Meeting
· Fund Status Report: Shows amount left in each fund as of date of this Council
Meeting and the current checking account balance
· Year to Date Beautification Accounting Report
· Mayor’s Discretionary Fund Report – no expenses to report this month
Copies of all the above reports are available for public viewing at the Village Office. Respectfully submitted, Marta Fryman, Fiscal Officer
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT September 25, 2017 Rick Schultz
1) Continued with line painting throughout the village.
2) Zero Turn Mower repair of $700.00. (pulley arm broke off)
3) Onyx Sealing of Stratford, Muirfield, St. Andrews and Abbey Hill is completed.
4) Continued updating Christmas decorations. (lights)
5) New water line started on Harbor Drive. It will loop up under RT 50 to the top of Shawnee @ Miami Avenue.
6) We have sent the estimate for the damaged planter, pole and banner on RT 50 to the insurance company for $750.00
7) I will be putting together a list of 2018 budget items for Council’s input.
8) Exit doors in the garage & maintenance area are in need of replacement. Approximate cost is $2,000. We could replace them this year or put this in the budget for 2018. (please see the attached quotes)
DEPUTY CLERK’S REPORT September 25, 2017 Marilyn Kramer
1) Our application for the Hamilton County CDBG Community and Economic Development
Assistance Program for the Riverfront Development Project will be submitted this week.
2) We held a Wellness Committee meeting on Friday, September 15, 2017. The minutes are attached for your review. North Bend has now completed all requirements for the
We Thrive Pathway this year and will be recognized in December.
3) All fire extinguishers have been certified by FES for another year. Chief Ober will let me know what Saturday is good for him to conduct CPR and First Aid classes again this year.
4) Fran, Rick, Joe Abner with Congressman Chabot’s office and I met with the Ohio History Connection on Friday, September 22 to gain approval for tree removal and tree trimming at President William Henry Harrison’s burial site.
5) The company that sold us our copier/scanner filed bankruptcy. Since then our copier broke down and the technicians of that company repaired the copier for $350.00. Their new company, Clear Image Office Solutions, will get back to me with a price for their annual maintenance program that includes ink, toner and all maintenance.
6) The contract with Edinburgh Place regarding the hanging planters will be coming up in January, 2018.
7) There will be two public hearings for our residents to attend regarding Hamilton County CDBG grants for the 2018-2019-2020 period. They will be held Saturday, October 7, 2017 at 10:00am and Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 10:00am in Council Hall.
8) All street light outages and damaged telephone polls in North Bend have been reported.
9) Halloween will be celebrated on Tuesday, October 31, at 6:00pm this year.
| January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | April 2012 | May 2012 | June 2012 | July 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | November 2012 | December 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | March 2013 | April 2013 | May 2013 | June 2013 | July 2013 | August 2013 | September 2013 | October 2013 | November 2013 | December 2013 | January 2014 | February 2014 | March 2014 | April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | September 2014 | October 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 | September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | 2017 State of the Village |
| Voting | Village Demographics | HIP Program | Building and Zoning | Minutes | Future Use | Trash Collection, Recycling | Police services | Fire and Emergency Services | Picture Gallery Page 1 | Village Officials | Important Phone Numbers | Airport Noise Complaints | State Officials | Memorial Day Parade | Harrison Birthday '08 | Storm Pictures | Harrison Birthday '09 | Chili Cook-Off | Village Ordinances | |
| Return Home | Village Of North Bend | Hamilton County Government | Great Links | Contact Us |