VILLAGE OF NORTH BEND
21 TAYLOR AVENUE, NORTH BEND, OHIO 45052
September 30, 2019
Meeting was called to order at 7:17 P.M. by Mayor Sammons.
Mayor: Mr. Sammons
Law Director: Mr. Sollmann
Fiscal Officer: Ms. Fryman
Councilpersons: Mr. Moorman, Mr. Deters, Mr. Bonner,
Mrs. Romweber, Mr. Hartoin, Ms. Smith
MAYOR’S OPENING STATEMENT
Mayor Sammons had no opening statement.
Joe Bonner moved that the August 26, 2019 minutes be accepted. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Dave Moorman moved that the July 22, 2019 minutes be amended to reflect Resolution 2019-19 Imposing a Second Extension of An Additional One Year Moratorium on the Issuance and Processing of any Permits Allowing Retail Dispensaries, Cultivators or Processors of Medical Marijuana within the Village of North Bend, Ohio was passed at that council meeting. Shirley Smith seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
The Treasurer’s Report is available at the Village office.
Marty asked council members to advise Mayor Sammons, Dave Moorman or herself of their committee’s 2020 budget request by October 21, 2019.
PAY THE BILLS
Fran Romweber made motion to pay the bills. Bill Deters seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT
The Maintenance Supervisor’s Report is available at the Village office.
DEPUTY CLERK’S REPORT
The Deputy Clerk’s Report is available at the Village office.
Minutes, September 30, 2019
Lt. Keith Boeing reported there were 23 calls for service for the month of August. Two cases were assigned to detectives and none have been closed. He reported that the Miami Township Fire Department will have a Drug Take Back event on Saturday, October 26 from 10:00am – 2:00pm. They are located at 3780 Shady Lane.
Fran advised Lt. Boeing that drivers are not stopping at the STOP sign located at St. Annes and Turnberry Drive. She also stated that the sign, “Oncoming Traffic Does Not Stop” located at the exit drive from the Aston Oak Lodge, is blocked by branches and drivers do not see that sign when exiting. Rick Schultz will take care of cutting the branches back.
Dr. Rev. Scott Stephans, new Pastor of North Bend United Methodist Church on Symmes Avenue, introduced himself to council. He stated, like North Bend, the United Methodist Church was established in 1789. Their Sunday morning service is at 11:00am, however, as of November, the new time for Sunday service will begin at 10:30am. Their website is NorthBendUMC-ohio.com. Mayor Sammons invited him and his congregation to participate in North Bend’s President William Henry Harrison’s Birthday Tribute, which takes place the first or second Friday in February.
Chief Ober reported there were no fire runs and 9 EMS details for the month of August. There have been more assist calls to help residents that have fallen. He stated that an ambulance is always sent with them in case the dispatch call was incorrect. Miami Township has been very lucky, as a sheriff car always comes along with Miami Township EMS runs, as long as they don’t have an emergency at the same time.
Mayor Sammons asked Chief Ober to give him a report showing the drug runs from 2018 and 2019 vs. 2016 and 2017. He would like to see the statistics since the building at 154 Miami Avenue has been razed.
THREE RIVERS SCHOOL
Finance - Mr. Moorman
Dave Moorman made a motion to adopt Resolution 2019-22 Transferring General Funds to the Street Maintenance Fund. Joe Bonner seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%.
Light, Water and Sewer - Ms. Smith
Maintenance - Mr. Hartoin
Police & Fire – Mr. Deters
Minutes, September 30, 2019
Planning & Zoning - Mrs. Romweber
Law & Ordinance - Mr. Bonner
Beautification – Fran Romweber
Fran stated that she is meeting with Dominique, our We Thrive representative, and a few others to confirm a Clean Up Day.
Fran will give the 2020 Beautification Budget Request to Marty by October 21, 2019.
COUNCIL’S OLD BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR’S OLD BUSINESS
MAYOR’S OLD BUSINESS
COUNCIL’S NEW BUSINESS
LAW DIRECTOR NEW BUSINESS
MAYOR’S NEW BUSINESS/ REPORT
OPEN TO THE FLOOR
Minutes, September 30, 2019
MAYOR AND COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS, COMMENTS
Our next council meeting is Monday, October 21, 2019 at 7:00pm
There’s a Tax Levy Question and Answer meeting on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6:30pm.
There’s a Records Retention meeting on Monday, October 21, 2019 at 6:15pm.
MAYOR’S FINAL COMMENTS
Ron Hartoin made motion to adjourn the meeting. Bill Deters seconded the motion. Motion carried 100%. Meeting was adjourned at 7:54pm.
Fiscal Officer Mayor
Minutes, September 30, 2019
September 30, 2019
To Council Members for Your Information and Review
We received $23,231 from the State of Ohio for the Rollback property tax.
There is a need to transfer $25,000 from the General Fund to Street Construction Maintenance and Repair (2011) to cover expenses through the end of the year. Mr. Moorman will present the resolution.
Please get with Mayor Sammons, Dave Moorman or myself with budget requests for 2020. Approval of the following years’ budget is in November per past practice.
We issued 1 purchase order this month. A Blanket Certificate for postage for $190.00.
Distributed to council members this month are the following reports:
· Monthly Cash Flow Analysis:
Showing money in/money out and the check book balance
· Payment and charge Register Report:
Includes all checks & automatic payments taken directly from our checkbook since last Council Meeting
· Receipts Register Report:
Includes all sources of revenue taken in by the Village since last Council Meeting
· Revenue Status Report:
Shows the year-to-date status of each revenue account as of date of this Council Meeting
· Fund Status Report: Shows amount left in each fund as of date of this Council
Meeting and the current checking account balance
· Year to Date Beautification Accounting Report – no expenses this month
· Mayor’s Discretionary Fund Report – no expenses to report this month
· Credit Card Usage report
Copies of all the above reports are available for public viewing at the Village Office.
Respectfully submitted, Marta Fryman, Fiscal Officer
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR’S REPORT September 30, 2019 Rick Schultz
- Received 99.33 tons of salt donated by CTLC. Thanks to Hamilton County Maintenance and Miami Township Maintenance for their help.
- Maintenance garage driveway asphalt area was sealed.
- Playground surface has been repaired.
- Continued work on Three Rivers Parkway drainage pipe.
- Started to reseed several areas in the village.
- Pothole patching continues on Aston Oaks Drive and Harbor Drive. We will also be addressing a major pothole on St. Annes this week.
- We plan to crack seal sometime in late October.
- We are testing a new system of watering the hanging baskets that we hope will cut labor costs. I will report back to council when we work on the 2020 budget.
DEPUTY CLERK’S REPORT September 30, 2019 Marilyn Kramer
- We received a check for $1,560.06 for reimbursement of damage to our property as a result of the accident on US 50 and Miami Avenue on June 13, 2019.
- I contacted the insurance company regarding payment of the $918.00 reimbursement of damages to our property as a result of the accident on US 50 in October, 2018. They verified a check for $918.00 was mailed to North Bend on 9/20/2019.
- Joe and I mailed all Residential Rental Permits out to property owners. There are only two property owners that have not responded.
- Our We Thrive Wellness Committee meeting was September 13th. The minutes are attached for your review. We have met all of our Action Plan requirements and North Bend will be recognized at their December 3rd meeting.
- Two grant requests were submitted August 30th regarding the landslide on US 50.
One was for the funds for the geotechnical study to be completed and one was for the actual project to be completed. This grant is through the Ohio EMA Mitigation Branch.
They received 65 applications for funding totaling well over $61 Million. The amount of grant funds the program has is $5.2 Million. Both of our applications were denied.
- Saturday, October 5th from 9:00am – 12:00noon, Chief Ober will display our new EMS vehicle for residents to view. He will provide CPR/First Aid training upon request. Deterra bags will available for disposal of unused medications to residents that attend. He will also answer questions residents may have regarding our Fire/EMS levy.
Hamilton County Planning and Development Commission contract expires 12/31/2019.
| January 2012 | February 2012 | March 2012 | April 2012 | May 2012 | June 2012 | July 2012 | August 2012 | September 2012 | October 2012 | November 2012 | December 2012 | January 2013 | February 2013 | March 2013 | April 2013 | May 2013 | June 2013 | July 2013 | August 2013 | September 2013 | October 2013 | November 2013 | December 2013 | January 2014 | February 2014 | March 2014 | April 2014 | May 2014 | June 2014 | July 2014 | August 2014 | September 2014 | October 2014 | November 2014 | December 2014 | January 2015 | February 2015 | March 2015 | April 2015 | May 2015 | June 2015 | July 2015 | August 2015 | September 2015 | October 2015 | November 2015 | December 2015 | January 2016 | February 2016 | March 2016 | April 2016 | May 2016 | June 2016 | July 2016 | August 2016 | September 2016 | October 2016 | November 2016 | December 2016 | January 2017 | February 2017 | March 2017 | April 2017 | May 2017 | June 2017 | July 2017 | August 2017 | September 2017 | October 2017 | November 2017 | December 2017 | 2017 State of the Village | January 2018 | February 2018 | March 2018 | April 2018 | May 2018 | June 2018 | July 2018 | August 2018 | September 2018 | October 2018 | November 2018 | December 2018 | January 2019 | February 2019 | March 2019 | April 2019 | May 2019 | June 2019 | July 2019 | August 2019 | September 2019 | October 2019 | November 2019 | December 2019 | January 2020 | February 2020 | March 2020 | April 2020 | May 2020 | June 2020 | July 2020 | August 2020 | September 2020 | October 2020 | November 2020 | December 2020 |
| Voting | Village Demographics | HIP Program | Building and Zoning | Minutes | Future Use | Trash Collection, Recycling | Police services | Fire and Emergency Services | Picture Gallery Page 1 | Village Officials | Important Phone Numbers | Airport Noise Complaints | State Officials | Harrison Birthday '08 | Storm Pictures | Harrison Birthday '09 | Village Ordinances | | Gas & Electric Aggregation Village of North Bend |
| Return Home | Village Of North Bend | Hamilton County Government | Great Links | Contact Us |